In honor of Halloween, this week's #AuditionInspiration celebrates one of my favorite shows, Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you've never seen this classic, there's probably an art theatre somewhere near you showing it tonight! It's an experience no theatre queen should miss.
If you ever get an audition for this show, go crazy. It's a no-holds-barred, all-out party. The score has an 80s glam rock feel, but any outrageous, funny audition songs will work. The following are some suggestions that you can tailor to the various characters. Have fun. And Happy Halloween!
1. Feed Me from Little Shop of Horrors
2. Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses
3. Carrie from Carrie, the Musical
4. Jonny Don't Go to the Nuclear Plant from Zombie Prom
5. Here I Go Again by Whitesnake
6. Dead Girl Walking from Heathers, the Musical
7. Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
8. Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meatloaf (clearly you'll need a clever audition cut)
9. Crazy Train by Ozzie Osbourne
10. King Herod's Song from Jesus Christ Superstar
Do not make typing personal. I repeat, DO NOT make typing personal.
This is a tough category for so many of us, yet absolutely necessary to be competitive today.
You've been in rehearsals for weeks, and there's only one thing separating you from the thrilling applause of a live audience: the put-in rehearsal.