In honor of Halloween, this week's #AuditionInspiration celebrates one of my favorite shows, Rocky Horror Picture Show. If you've never seen this classic, there's probably an art theatre somewhere near you showing it tonight! It's an experience no theatre queen should miss.
If you ever get an audition for this show, go crazy. It's a no-holds-barred, all-out party. The score has an 80s glam rock feel, but any outrageous, funny audition songs will work. The following are some suggestions that you can tailor to the various characters. Have fun. And Happy Halloween!
1. Feed Me from Little Shop of Horrors
2. Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses
3. Carrie from Carrie, the Musical
4. Jonny Don't Go to the Nuclear Plant from Zombie Prom
5. Here I Go Again by Whitesnake
6. Dead Girl Walking from Heathers, the Musical
7. Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi
8. Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Meatloaf (clearly you'll need a clever audition cut)
9. Crazy Train by Ozzie Osbourne
10. King Herod's Song from Jesus Christ Superstar
I can't believe that June is nearly over, especially since I'm due to have a baby-- my second!-- in early July. This means that I'll have to take a break from The City Audition for the foreseeable future.
You haven't experienced it yet, but this business is awful.
I went down the Fosse rabbit hole the other night on You Tube. "Rich Man's Frug" had shuffled up on my iPhone, and I realized I needed a Fosse fix. Fosse, the revue, isn't done that often anymore, but this list of audition songs will work for just about any Fosse show.