Ladies, if your belt kept you out of the convent in Sound of Music, you may still be able to wear the habit in Sister Act. This show, popular in regional theatres across the country, requires a bright frontal mix with a side of sass. A great show for white and non-white actors alike, your chances of booking it increase if you can just let it all go and have fun in the room. Good luck!
1. River Deep, Mountain High, Tina Turner
2. We Are Family, Sister Sledge
3. Don't Take Much, The Life
4. White Boys, Hair
5. Lost in the Wilderness, Children of Eden
6. Growing Up Catholic, Nunsense (for Rev. Mother)
7. I Will Follow Him, Little Peggy March
8. Patterns, Baby (for Rev. Mother)
9. You Can't Get to Heaven, The Life
10. I'm Here, Color Purple
I can't believe that June is nearly over, especially since I'm due to have a baby-- my second!-- in early July. This means that I'll have to take a break from The City Audition for the foreseeable future.
You haven't experienced it yet, but this business is awful.
I went down the Fosse rabbit hole the other night on You Tube. "Rich Man's Frug" had shuffled up on my iPhone, and I realized I needed a Fosse fix. Fosse, the revue, isn't done that often anymore, but this list of audition songs will work for just about any Fosse show.